continuation on issues that Mr. Huckabee deems important.
8) Energy Independence
- The first thing I will do as President is send Congress my comprehensive plan for energy independence. We will achieve energy independence by the end of my second term.
- Achieving energy independence is vital to achieving success both in the war on terror and in globalization. Energy independence will help guarantee both our safety and our prosperity.
- We have to explore, we have to conserve, and we have to pursue all avenues of alternative energy: nuclear, wind, solar, hydrogen, clean coal, biodiesel, and biomass.
Could you be more vague Mr Huckabee?? What is your comprehensive plan?
- Securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency.
- I support the $3 billion the Senate has voted for border security. This money will train and deploy 23,000 more agents, add four drone planes, build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers, and put up 105 radar and camera towers. This money will turn “catch and release” into “catch and detain” of those entering illegally, and crack down on those who overstay their visas.
- In this age of terror, immigration is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue. Those caught trying to enter illegally must be detained, processed, and deported. As Governor, I ordered my state troopers to work with the Department of Homeland Security to arrest illegals and enforce federal immigration law.
- I oppose and will never allow amnesty. I opposed the amnesty President Bush and Senator McCain tried to ram through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.
- I oppose and will not tolerate sanctuaries for illegals. The federal government must crack down on rogue cities that willfully undermine our economy and national security.
- I oppose giving driver’s licenses to illegals and supports legislation to prevent states from doing so. In 2005, I signed legislation that prevents illegals in Arkansas from getting driver’s licenses.
- I will stop punishing cities which try to enforce our laws and protect the economic well-being, physical safety, and quality of life of their citizens.
- I oppose and will not tolerate employers who hire illegals. They must be punished with fines and penalties so large that they will see it is not worth the risk.
- I oppose the economic integration of North America that would create open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I will never yield one iota or one inch of our sovereignty.
- I will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver’s licenses for illegals.
Immigration has reached the level of national security??? Who are you trying to kid??!! The majority if people coming in here are only trying to feed their families and if you were in their position you would do the same thing! Only those who truly belong here???!!! Then that would only apply to Native Americans…..ya know the indigenous people we lied to when we came here as immigrants.
10) National Security/Foreign Policy: Iraq
That is an outright lie!! We are there because of oil…plain and simple. How dare you suggest otherwise. What is it with these Republicans who think just because they say it makes it fact.
We are in Iraq because Mr. George Bush wanted to secure control over a major oil resource. There were no weapons of mass destruction…..please Mr. Huckabee….try and keep up.
11) Foreign Policy: Israel
- I am a steadfast supporter of Israel, our staunch ally in the War on Terror, the only fully-functioning democracy in the Middle East, and our greatest friend in that region.
- The United States must remain true to its long-standing commitment to the Israeli people.
- As President, I will always ensure that Israel has access to the state-of-the-art weapons and technology she needs to defend herself from those who seek her annihilation.
Mike Huckabee has so little foreign policy experience it’s frightening. Go here to read a great article about some of his ignorant comments on foreign policy.
I will have to do another continuation……reading this man’s “issue statements” gives me a headache. It’s so transparent that he has no clue what he’s talking about. I don’t think he has a chance in hell of getting into the White House. Thank god.